Is it time to reboot your skincare routine? If you notice any of these seven signs, you might be ready to ditch your old routine for flawless, smooth skin.
If you’ve looked in a beauty store or browsed the internet lately, you don’t need anyone telling you that there are plenty of skincare products on the market today. Each claims to help you have the healthiest skin ever. With all the different available products, you may find it challenging to create your own healthy skincare routine.
How do you know what’s right for you?
It’s easy to become confused, especially with all the serums, toners, exfoliators, moisturizers, cleansers, and masks in the beauty aisle. But it’s also essential to create a unique routine designed for the skin problems you personally face. Your skin will let you know that your skincare routine needs a reset when these signs appear:
Pimples were normal when you were going through puberty but now?
What’s going on here?
Breakouts come from a combination of dry and oily skin. The lack of moisture in your skin causes it to increase its sebum production. This sebum, which is oil, collects dirt and then settles back into the pores, causing an infection (AKA: a zit). The lack of moisture can stem from harsh cleansers or dry weather outside.
How to Fix Breakouts?
Find a gentle skin cleanser that won’t strip your face, and don’t forget to exfoliate to remove any impurities from deep within your pores.
2. Flaky, Dry Skin
Dry, flaky skin can often follow many different environmental factors. Cold wind, too much sun, pollution, and even indoor air quality can dry out your skin.
Dry skin can also come from alcohol-based products or trying too many different products at once. Jumping from one product to another before your skin has adjusted can dry it out, too.
How to Fix Flaky, Dry Skin?
Add collagen boosting serum to your routine and a couple of drops of vitamin E to your moisturizer before applying.
3. Sensitive Skin and Redness
Using too many products and switching routines can make your skin sensitive and even red. Your skin doesn’t know what to do or how to react. An aggravating toner with harsh ingredients can also cause this.
How to Fix Sensitive Skin and Redness?
Simplify your skincare routine to your three favorite products that you’ve been using the longest. Also, find a toner with ingredients that are good for the skin.
4. Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Indeed, we can’t stop time, but we can help improve our skin elasticity for as long as possible. Unfortunately, it’s hard to do this from the outside. So, your routine may need to move from the bathroom and into the kitchen.
How to Fix Fine Lines and Wrinkles?
A healthy diet with plenty of omega 3s, antioxidants, and skin-boosting supplements is vital in any skincare routine.
5. Hyperpigmentation and Freckles
Freckles and hyperpigmentation are common after prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays. “But I’m using a daily sunscreen!” I hear you say?
Well, you need more protection if you still see signs of sun exposure.
How to Fix Hyperpigmentation and Freckles
- Even if you’re using a daily sunscreen, it might not be protective enough.
- Be sure to use one with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Also, if you use chemical sunscreen, it needs to absorb into the skin. If you apply it over your makeup, be sure to use a mineral sunscreen instead.
- It doesn’t hurt to find a cute hat and wrap when you know you’ll be spending extra time in the sun.
6. Dull Skin
- Is your face lacking its normal bright complexion?
- Dull skin results from dead skin cells covering your healthy skin.
How to Fix Dull Skin?
To slough off that dead skin, you need to exfoliate. However, it’s essential to find the right frequency and exfoliating product for you.
7. Always Oily
When our skin is dry, it may overcompensate by producing more sebum, which causes oily skin. If this problem goes untreated, oily skin can clog pores and cause breakouts, just like #1 in this article.
How to Fix Always Oily Skin?
A good toner not only cleans out the pores of any excess oil but also minimizes these pores to prevent any build-up of dirt inside them, which can lead to breakouts.
Pro Skincare Tips
If you want flawless, picture-perfect skin all year-round, here are a few skincare tips that the pros recommend:
- Don’t fall for any skincare product advertising hype. There’s no such thing as a beauty product that delivers results overnight.
- Stick with a product and use it regularly for at least a month before deciding whether it’s working for you.
- Of course, if any product causes your skin to become irritated, stop using it right away! Any good product will be gentle on your skin.
- Use your skin care products in the right order. Not sure what goes on when? Check out this article to learn even more about this.
- Healthy on the inside means healthy-looking on the outside. No skincare product can compensate for a poor diet and dehydration, so drink your water and eat right!
- Pay attention to your skin. There’s no one-size-fits-all skincare routine. Your skin is almost as unique as your personality. Treat it the way it deserves to be treated.
Finding the right skincare routine is a process. It’ll take patience and dedication. Even the seasons can change your skin’s needs, so don’t despair if your usual routine stops working.
Don’t fall for the hype but find products that work for you. Listen to the signs that your skin is telling you and react accordingly.
When you follow the tips in this article, you’ll reap happy, healthy skin that looks amazing.
Adam Marshall is a freelance writer who specializes in all things apartment organization, real estate, and college advice. He currently works with The Verge Greeley to help them with their online marketing.
Also Read: Fitness Equipment Write For Us