Experiencing a headache is not an uncommon thing. There can be various reasons as to why a person might be experiencing a headache. There is also a difference in every type of headache, as every part relates to a certain part of the head. However, there can some mild headaches and also some that are severe. Various treatments by chiropractic care and other professionals are performed to cure different types of headaches. One of the worst kinds of headaches is migraine. Although it is a common form of headache, it can cause severe pain. Mentioned below is everything you should know about migraines.
What is a Migraine?
An intense throbbing sensation, usually in one area of the head, is a migraine. There are many other things like nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light or sound that one may experience during migraine. They are extremely painful and can cause different problems. However, there are different ways to overcome migraines and lead a healthy lifestyle. Some ways include getting chiropractic treatment and visiting the family doctor.
What are the Symptoms of Migraine?
The symptoms of a migraine can be divided into three stages. These stages vary from their density of pain to areas that are painful. These symptoms can be helped reduced by chiropractic care and by visiting other professionals. Mentioned below are all the symptoms that are related to these three different stages.
Symptoms of migraines may show even before the headache occurs. This stage is known as the prodrome stage. Some symptoms of this stage are:
- Neck Stiffness
- Food Cravings
- Low Energy Levels
- Frequent Yawning
There is another form of migraine that occurs after the prodrome stage. This usually takes place in migraines with aura scenarios. There may be different symptoms that may show during this stage. The symptoms are:
- Feeling tingling or prickling sensations in body parts
- Difficulty in speaking clearly
- Losing your vision temporarily
- Seeing bright spots
The attack phase is the last phase. The actual pain of migraine occurs at this stage. This is the most critical stage as migraine pain is extremely severe. They can last from hours to days. The symptoms at this stage vary from person to person. However, some common symptoms include:
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Pain in one part of the head
- Throbbing headache
What are the Causes of Migraines?
Although a definite or exact reason for migraine has not yet been found, there are other reliable causes that one can learn about. These causes are commonly known. Chiropractic treatment and other fields that deal with migraines have identified various causes of migraines. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Skipping meals
- Lack of exercise
- Bright light
- High levels of noise pollution
- Severe heat
- Excess stress
- Food and things one might be allergic to
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Use of certain medicines that can influence hormones and glands
- Unusual smells
- Changes in barometric pressure
Keeping a record of what you think might have triggered the migraine is important. This is because it will help both you and the doctor to be aware of the related causes and the symptoms that might have occurred. This will also ensure a proper diagnosis of the problem and the severity of the situation.
How to Treat Migraines?
Chiropractic care includes various forms of treatments. Different professionals also have their ways of dealing with the treatment. The treatment depends largely on the person as every individual is different. These treatments are specialized according to the patient and provide immense relief from pain and symptoms. However, there are various factors basis on which the treatment is planned. Some of these factors are mentioned below.
- Occurrence of migraine
- Types of migraine
- Severity of migraines
- Duration of migraine
- Symptoms you are facing
- Other health conditions and medications that you are taking or facing
On the basis of these factors, a proper treatment plan is devised by the doctor. This is done to ensure the best possible treatment for your migraine. The different types of treatments that are used on you will immensely help you provide relief from the pain. Most of these treatments are extremely helpful in minimizing the symptoms and the discomfort you might be feeling. Mentioned below are some treatments that are used while curing migraines. A single or a combination of these might be used to help provide you with relief.
- Migraine remedies that involve self-development and self-care.
- Different forms of care like acupuncture, meditation, biofeedback, and acupressure.
- Pain and migraine medications like NSAIDs and acetaminophen, a type of Tylenol.
- Techniques and therapies for stress management and controlling migraine triggers.
- Proper nutritional diet.
- Performance of necessary exercises that are required to keep the body strong and healthy.
- Prescribed medications that help reduce the occurrence of migraines and other regular types of headaches.
- Medicines to help with vomiting and nausea.
- Doctors also provide different forms of medications where the medication is required to be taken at the beginning of the headache to prevent it from spreading or worsening.
- Counseling and guidance
- Home therapies and remedies.
How to Prevent Migraines?
Apart from visiting professionals and going through treatments, you can always ensure the prevention of migraines. The following measures should be taken seriously into account to prevent migraines.
- Avoid those things that you know might trigger migraines.
- Perform necessary exercises daily.
- Quit smoking and heavy drinking.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Ensure healthy and nutritional eating without skipping meals.
- Take stress management therapies.
- Learn different skills on how to relax both physically and mentally.
This is almost everything you should know about migraines. You should know about this as a migraine is a common form of headache. Migraine has different causes and symptoms that depend from person to person. You can easily identify your headache if you have relevant information. You will also be aware of the different chiropractic treatments and other medications provided by different professionals. You should use this important information to your advantage.
Also Read: rheumatoid arthritis write for us