CBD Products: Navigating the world of CBD can be hard. And we get it — all these new terms and acronyms can be very confusing and unfamiliar. But not to worry! We’re here to help! Here’s everything you need to know about what CBD is, how CBD works, the different types of CBD products, and the amazing CBD benefits you can start enjoying today!
Table of Contents
What is CBD?
First of all, an answer to the pressing question: what is CBD?
If you already know what the cannabis plant is, then you’re probably already familiar with CBD. CBD stands for cannabidiol and is just one of hundreds of naturally occurring cannabinoids and compounds found in the cannabis plant.
The cannabis plant contains many other cannabinoids aside from CBD, including (but not limited to) THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBN (cannabinol), and CBG (cannabigerol). We’ll touch on all of these later!
Did you know that our bodies produce their own cannabinoids too? It’s true! These are called endocannabinoids and they help to regulate a bunch of different biological functions in our body, including our mood, sleep, pain and inflammation control, temperature regulation, appetite, digestion, and immune response. And that’s not even where it ends!
These cannabinoids, whether endocannabinoids produced within our body or consumed from an external source, interact with our ECS (endocannabinoid system), which is a vast and complex network of cellular receptors that are spread throughout our body.
Cannabinoids bind to the receptors in the ECS, which is how they influence the system and bring about the above biological processes, thus bringing all the amazing CBD benefits straight to us!
If you’re still struggling to understand it all, you just need to remember this: The cannabis plant contains many cannabinoids and CBD is just one of them.
Most CBD products usually contain not just CBD, but other cannabinoids as well, such as THC, CBN, and CBG. It all depends on what type of CBD product it is.
Will CBD Products Make Me Feel High?
Now we know what you’re thinking — will CBD products make me “high?”
While it’s true that the cannabis plant does contain cannabinoids that could make you “high,” typical CBD products aren’t going to get you “high,” so you can rest easy.
THC is the cannabinoid that usually causes the psychoactive effect cannabis is infamous for. Legal CBD or hemp products are only allowed to have a maximum amount of 0.3% THC, which isn’t enough to induce that psychoactive effect when you’re taking the recommended dose.
So yes, it’s totally safe even if your chosen CBD product contains THC. In fact, it’s probably better for it! THC, when taken with other cannabinoids, could actually amplify the CBD oil benefits. You can find out more in this next section!
CBD has a ton of amazing benefits just waiting to be experienced! As we touched on before, cannabinoids play a hand in almost every vital function of our body through the endocannabinoid system, so it’s no wonder you get so many benefits from just CBD alone. Some of the proven benefits of CBD include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Soothing pain, discomfort, and inflammation
- Relieving muscle aches and soreness
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Encouraging feelings of calm, relaxation, and balance
- Lessening insomnia
- Improving sleep quality and duration
- Regulating appetite and digestive function
- Reducing symptoms of epilepsy, arthritis, mental health disorders, neurological disorders, etc.
- Promoting everyday health and wellness
…and so much more!
Every cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant delivers its own set of benefits, though they do tend to overlap.
While you can still experience the same benefits with just CBD by itself, it’s best to have a diverse combination of cannabinoids.
This is because of something called the “entourage effect.” This suggests that all cannabinoids have a natural synergy with each other, and due to this synergistic effect, you could be enjoying amplified CBD benefits and maximum effectivity when they’re used together.
When finding the most suitable CBD products for your needs, it’s good to take a look at the combination of cannabinoids present in your chosen CBD product and what type of CBD works best for you.
Forms of CBD
CBD products come in many different forms, depending on how many cannabinoids are in them. You can have CBD alone, but remember that you could benefit the most from an entourage effect of multiple cannabinoids at once. As always, when picking the right CBD products for you, take note of your specific needs and preferences.
- Full spectrum CBD: Full spectrum CBD oil, as the name might suggest, contains all components of the cannabis plant. This includes cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and other compounds. This also includes 0.3% of THC. This is the best choice if you want to experience the full entourage effect.
- Broad spectrum CBD: Broad spectrum CBD oil is similar to full spectrum, except it lacks THC. Broad spectrum may still contain very small trace amounts of THC, but most broad spectrum CBD oil will completely skip the THC. But don’t worry! You can still have a wonderful entourage effect from a broad spectrum CBD oil. So if you’re looking to avoid having THC in your system but don’t want to miss out on any amazing synergistic benefits, broad spectrum CBD is the way to go.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate contains just CBD. No other bells or whistles. If all you want is pure CBD in its most absolute form, CBD isolate is the product for you!
- THC: Sometimes you can have just THC alone, or CBD oil with THC. When it comes to THC vs CBD, both have pretty much the same effects, just the added benefit of supporting each other through natural synergy. And remember, even CBD products with THC alone are legally required to have only 0.3% or less of it, so there’s no danger of any psychoactive side effects unless consumed in large amounts or in short, constant intervals.
Types of CBD
Now that you’ve learned all about the forms of CBD and their benefits, it’s time to take a look at all the different types of CBD products you could choose from!
There’s no one perfect formula that fits every single person. The perfect CBD formula for you depends on you — what you need or want it for, the severity of the problem or condition you’re taking it for, your recommended dosage, and your personal preferences in taste or application.
There are many different types of CBD, from CBD oil, CBD capsules, CBD gummies, and even CBD for kids. While you can still have the same benefits from all types of CBD, they each differ based on your particular needs.
For example, CBD balms or topicals might be more effective in soothing concentrated pain or soreness in muscles, while CBD oil and CBD gummies are more readily available and might be better for overall support and balance.
CBD oil is the most common type of CBD found in shops and is also the most commonly used type of CBD. It’s great by itself or mixed in with your favorite food and drink.
Here are our top picks for the best CBD oil on the market:
- Wild Theory CBD Isolate Oil – Maximum 3000mg: Wild Theory 3000 mg CBD Isolate Oil is one of the purest and most potent forms of CBD oil isolate! It contains nothing but CBD at a maximum dosage of 50mg per serving, plus some carefully selected terpenes from the same hemp plant for added synergistic benefits.
- Wild Theory Full Spectrum CBD Oil – Regular (750mg): 750 mg CBD Oil Full Spectrum is made with all the most beneficial compounds in the cannabis plant, including cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and phytocannabinoids to bring you optimized benefits and that spectacular entourage effect, plus MCT oil for faster absorption.
- Wild Theory Dream – Broad Spectrum CBD For Sleep: Having trouble sleeping? Wild Theory Dream CBD Sleep Aid is the best CBD oil formula for deeper, longer-lasting sleep! It has everything you need to help improve your rest, all without THC.
- CBD Oil for Kids Blend: Ever wondered if your kids can take CBD too? Yes, they absolutely can! Wild Theory CBD for kids is the best CBD oil for kids, so they can experience the astounding, relaxing benefits of CBD too. It’s completely safe and non-habit forming for kids and is chocolate-flavored.
CBD capsules are convenient to take, absorb quickly, and come in exact dosages, so you never have to worry about having too much or too little. They’re ideal for newbies to CBD, or anyone who wants more precise dosages.
- Wild Theory Full Spectrum CBD Capsules 50mg: Wild Theory CBD 50mg Full Spectrum CBD Capsules bring you a potent dose of 50mg of full spectrum CBD per serving with terpenes and phytocannabinoids. It’s excellent for daily support, from pain relief to soothing everyday stress.
- Wild Theory Full Spectrum CBD Capsules 25mg: And if you really want to start slow, ease into CBD with 25mg CBD Capsules. They provide the perfect introduction if you’re new to CBD!
Who doesn’t like a sweet gummy treat? CBD gummies bring you the best CBD benefits in a fun and delightful gummy form that you can take anytime and anywhere! If you don’t like the taste of CBD oil, or just prefer something edible and sweet, CBD gummies are a wonderful choice for you.
- Wild Theory Strata CBD + THC Gummies: Coming in delicious flavors like cherry-lime, mango, and strawberry, Wild Theory CBD + THC Strata Gummies combine CBD with THC to bring you the ultimate support! Excellent for easing pain, discomfort, anxiety, and sleeplessness.
- CBD Isolate Gummies 25mg: For a gummy option with zero THC, CBD Gummies Isolate are the best CBD isolate gummies on the market. Enjoy the CBD effects guilt-free, completely free of THC, and in a yummy strawberry flavor.
- CBD Gummies for Kids: Now your kids just can’t say no! Wild Theory CBD Gummies for Kids are the best kids CBD gummies. Not only do they help with everyday aches, anxiety, jitters, and insomnia, they also support your child’s health and wellness with a sweet strawberry flavor they’ll love having over and over again.
CBD balms or topicals bring you targeted pain relief and ease muscle soreness and aches like nothing else can. Simply apply the CBD topical to the affected area and let it work its magic!
- CBD Cream Extra Strength: Extra strength CBD cream is our best CBD cream extra strength. It contains pure CBD oil extract, soothing herbs, and essential oils for long-lasting and quick-absorbing topical pain relief — wonderful for post-workout soreness and discomfort, or just the daily aches and pains of life! Plus, it moisturizes your skin and is ideal for people with skin sensitivities.
- CBD Cream Regular Strength: If you’re new to CBD products, we have exactly what you’re looking for! Start experiencing targeted relief with CBD Cream Regular Strength, a CBD topical crafted with you in mind.
How to Consume CBD
Of course, with different types of CBD come different ways to consume or administer them. Here are some of the ways you could have CBD:
- Sublingual: This means you have to put it under your tongue. You can usually consume CBD oil and tinctures this way.
- Edibles: This CBD is meant to be eaten and digested like food. CBD gummies are the best example of CBD edibles.
- Oral: Unlike edibles, oral CBD is more like oral medication. Think CBD capsules and softgels.
- Inhaling: CBD can also come in the form of nasal sprays, which are meant to be inhaled through the nose.
- Topical: CBD topicals, like CBD balms, creams, and lotions, are applied externally onto the body or the skin.
Which CBD products are right for me?
The world of CBD can seem complicated, but hopefully this introduction has simplified the information.
Make the best and most informed decision you can with the new information you’ve got!