Cosmetic surgery is a big decision. You want to be sure you’re choosing the right surgeon, but how can you tell who’s good and who’s not?
There are a few ways to rate surgeons, but the most important thing is to do your research. Talk to friends, family, and people who have had surgery. Check out reviews online.
In this post, we’ll explain how cosmetic surgeons are rated and give tips on choosing the right one for you.
The Different Types of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery is a general term for surgical procedures that improve a person’s appearance.
Many cosmetic surgery procedures are designed to address a specific area of concern. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Breast augmentation
- Rhinoplasty (nose job)
Online reviews are the most common way patients rate their doctors. Because there was a shortage of accessible, precise information regarding selecting doctors, online reviews were born. Patients can now research their surgeons on Google, Yelp, RealSelf, Facebook, Healthgrades, Vitals, RateMDs, Vizium 360, and RateMDs. Their visibility on review platforms will depend on the kind of surgery they do.
Google and Yelp reviews are most likely posted by private practitioners, especially those who do aesthetic plastic surgery. The likelihood of online reviews is lowest among academic reconstructive surgeons and HMO employees.
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
Patient satisfaction surveys are one way that cosmetic surgeons are rated. These surveys ask patients everything from the quality of their experience to the results of their surgery.
Surgeons who score well on these surveys are more likely to be recommended by their patients and may receive more business. Some of the factors that are evaluated in patient satisfaction surveys include:
- The surgeon’s bedside manner
- The surgeon’s knowledge and skills
- The surgical facility
- The anesthesia provider
- The preoperative and postoperative instructions
Board certification is fundamental when it comes to cosmetic surgery. The American Board of Plastic Surgery is the only board that the American Medical Association recognizes like Dr. Saber from Los Angeles, CA, recognized by the board as one of the top plastic surgeons in the state.
Board-certified plastic surgeons have completed rigorous training and passed comprehensive exams. They’re also required to complete continuing education to maintain their board certification.
You don’t want to cut corners are to your health and safety. Make sure to always ask your surgeon about their board certification and training.
One way to gauge the quality of a cosmetic surgeon is by their professional memberships.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) is the largest organization of plastic surgeons in the world, and only its members are allowed to call themselves “cosmetic surgeons.” The ASAPS website has a database of all its members, so you can quickly look up surgeons to see their qualifications.
Similarly, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the world’s largest plastic surgery organization. It has a database of all its members, which you can search by location or surgical speciality.
If you’re looking for a cosmetic surgeon in Canada, check out the Canadian Society for Esthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS). All CSAPS surgeons are licensed and insured in Canada.
Finally, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) is an international society comprised of surgeons from over 80 countries. It has the most comprehensive database of surgeons, which you can search by location, surgical speciality, or language.
Years of Experience
One factor that affects how a cosmetic surgeon is rated is the years they have been performing surgery.
Generally, the longer a doctor has been practicing, the more experience they will have. It means they will likely have a higher success rate and be better equipped to deal with complications.
It’s essential to remember that a newer cosmetic surgeon may have just as much experience as an older surgeon, but they may not have the same number of years under their belt. Please research and ensure it’s a top-rated cosmetic surgery to feel comfortable and have the best results.
How Long Does A Cosmetic Surgery Take?
The time it takes to have a procedure varies widely between surgeons. The length of time will depend on many factors, including
- The amount of time it takes for staff to prepare for surgery
- The number of hours required to complete the procedure and recovery process
- Whether or not anesthesiologists are needed during the surgery. If so, how many.
What Are The Tips for Selecting A Cosmetic Surgeon?
- Ask friends and family members: Family members who have had cosmetic surgery can recommend their surgeon. You can also ask your doctor for recommendations.
- Check online review: Many websites allow people to post reviews of doctors and medical facilities. Make sure to read these reviews carefully before choosing a surgeon. Al to check the credentials of any website that offers reviews. Some sites are not legitimate and may try to take advantage of consumers.
- Look at the surgeon’s qualifications. Specialized cosmetic surgeons tend to perform them better than general practitioners. Therefore, look board-certified specialist.
- Please find out how long he has been practicing. A reputable surgeon will have experience performing similar surgeries. And because some surgical procedures may result in complications, they should also know how to treat them.
- Get references. Contact the previous patients of the surgeon and ask them about their experiences.