House Moves: If you’re planning on conducting a house move anytime soon, then congratulations! A house move can be one of the best things to happen in your life, especially if you’re planning on opening a new chapter in your family life with better schooling, better work opportunities, or just a better environment in general. However, once you start looking at all the things your move might need you to accomplish, the entire moving process might seem a bit too overwhelming for you to handle. In fact, you might just want to rush the entire moving process at all – which sadly isn’t great for your overall health.
Rushing your outlook on your move might mean risking neglecting your healthy eating, opting for junk food, getting reckless in physical activities, and not getting enough sleep. Sadly, these all mean potentially adding risks to your physical health – such as injuries and muscle strain, lack of cognitive thinking, or triggering health risks throughout a stressful move. Thankfully, there are some ways to ensure you stay fit and healthy throughout the course of the house move:
- Opt for walking and commuting when traveling. If you have to make trips to your new area to submit documents or meet professionals, chances are you’d just hop in your car to get there as quickly as possible. However, you might want to keep yourself healthy by instead considering walking to your destination or even commuting to get your body moving as often as possible. You might be surprised that errands such as submitting documents and filing necessary documentation for your long distance moving can actually burn through a lot of calories because you have to walk through different offices to accomplish your requirements.
- Use your muscles properly during packing. When packing materials and belongings, it’s easy to just rush things and resort to dragging, quick lifting, and everything necessary to ensure the move happens as quickly and as efficiently as possible. For instance, remember to stretch properly before embarking on heavy aspects of the move such as pushing and pulling and carrying various things. Moreover, remember to crouch properly and lift with your knees whenever you want to pick up something from the ground. More importantly, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance whenever you’re carrying something in order to ensure that these items are carried safely to moving trucks and other destinations at the house.
- Ensure safety procedures during the move. While it’s obvious that households can get quite chaotic during a house move, you might want to increase your attention towards a safe move to endure everything going smoothly throughout the moving process. For instance, you need to ensure that you’re not leaving a mess while packing your belongings in order to avoid creating unnecessary walking hazards for the rest of your family. These include unnecessary obstacles such as boxes in other big and small items that may cause accidents such as slipping or tripping that may cause injuries for your family. Additionally, it helps to try and keep your packing process organized by packing rooms at a time instead of packing everything in your house at once.
- Eat properly throughout the move. Given the busy nature of moves, it’s easy to just skip the concept of home-cooked and healthy meals and just opt for things such as fast food, a quick snack, or skipping meals entirely to get the move up and going. To avoid this, you can actually start gathering food you have in a kitchen that is perishable and start preparing meals with them. This way, you can still consume homemade meals with healthy ingredients and at the same time clear your kitchen of material that won’t make it to your new home. Additionally, this process also saves money as you don’t necessarily have to buy groceries throughout the moving process for as long as you still have food you can eat in the kitchen.
- Enough rest and sleep keep the mind alert. While it’s obvious that most of us will likely sleep at some point in the day, we shouldn’t underestimate the benefits sleeping could give when it comes to intensive activities such as house moves. Remember, sleep can help muscles rest and regulate memories of storage throughout the day – meaning, sleeping gives you the best opportunity to analyze everything that’s happened throughout the moving process and ensure that you’re well-rested enough to handle physical labor the next day. This is especially helpful if you’re juggling your house moving tasks with your other obligations at work or if you’re preparing for a long day ahead especially if you’re nearing moving day.
Health And House Moves: Do Them Right
House Moves: With the above tips in mind, it’s perfectly possible to conduct a house move without compromising your overall health. In fact, it takes just the right approach and planning and execution for you to pull off a house move properly while still keeping your health in mind. Thanks to the tips above, you should remember to avoid neglecting your meals and getting proper rest not just for health but to ensure you’re in tip-top shape to think and act especially during busy days like moving day. Moreover, it helps to try and integrate healthy habits throughout the moving process to avoid overexerting your muscles alongside other potential health risks.