At this point, a feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 error 0x80080008 is common for Windows users. In older versions of the system, users can use various tricks to disable updates. However, there is little you can do on Windows 10 to stop the process. And delay installation is the best choice.
One of the frequent feature update errors is 0x80080008. So when you see this error code, you will notice that the update process doesn’t work, or some files may not be downloaded and installed correctly. So if you want to know how to fix Windows 10 update error 80080008.
In this editorial, we are going to explain some best answers to this problem. However, these solutions work best for Windows 10; they also apply to earlier systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
1. Same issue here for several days now. This problem is recurring, as I had it a month ago as well.
2. Recently, I`ve been experiencing problems with windows update. Every time I click “check for updates,” the following err message comes up.
Also Read: [pii_Email_3ceeb7dd155a01a6455b] Outlook Email Error Code With Solution
General Circumstances Related Feature Update To Windows 10 Version 1903 Error 0x80080008
The update error code 0x80080008 means CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING – the object server terminated after being requested via OLE service. This fault caused as a result of the Wups2.dll file that included in the latest version of Windows Update not installed incorrectly.
Before learning how to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80080008, it is worth checking out some of the common issues associated with it. This will give you a better idea of how to prevent the error from happening again.
Windows Update Error
Error 0x80080008 can cause updates to stop working. You can able to resolve this problem by disabling a third-party antivirus. A good solution would be to download the updates manually. We will discuss these solutions below.
0x80080008 Server 2016
Many users have reported problems with Windows Server 2016 as well. Our methods designed to fix error 0x80080008 in Windows 10. However, some of these should apply to Windows 2016.
The Following Methods are Discussed Below in Detail
Method 1: Disable Your Antivirus
Some users have reported that the update error 0x80080008 might be due to issues with third-party antivirus. If you have one, turn it off and see if the update happens. However, if that doesn’t work, we recommend that you altogether remove your antivirus. If this solution fixes the error, you will need to switch to a different security tool.
Numerous antivirus programs available on the market, but the one that will offer the best protection without harming your system is Auslogics Anti-Malware. Besides, this trusted tool can detect attacks and threats that Windows Defender may be missing.
Method 2: Restart your Windows Update Components
It may be possible that specific components of the Windows update are causing the error 0x80080008. Just restart them by following the instructions below:
- Right-click on the Windows logo in your system tray.
- Select Command Prompt (Administrator) and run the following commands:
- [net stop wuauserv]
- [net stop cryptSvc]
- [Net stop bits]
- [net stop msiserver]
- [ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old]
- [Ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ catroot2 Catroot2.old]
- [Net start wuauserv]
- [net start cryptSvc]
- [Net start bits]
- [Net start msiserver]
Method 3: Manually Download the Update
If error 0x80080008 blocks the update process, one of the ideal solutions is to download and install the components manually. And to do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly you require to do is find out the KB number of the update you require to download. You can advance to the Windows Update section on your system or visit the Windows Update History website.
- After you write down the KB number for the update, visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website. And enter the KB number of the update in the search box.
- You get a list of updates that can download. So to find the one that matches your system architecture.
- Click the Download button.
After following these steps. So it will update your system and fix your problem. But it’s worth noting that this is just a workaround and doesn’t fix the main problem. Therefore, when a new update introduces, the 0x80080008 error can occur again.
Method 4: Performing an SFC and DISM Analysis
If the error 0x80080008 continues, there must have been an error during the installation. In addition, there may be damaged or damaged system files on your computer. Moreover, fortunately, this can quickly fix by running an SFC scan. However, you need to follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
- Enter “Command Prompt” (without the quotation marks).
- In the results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Once the command prompt is active, type “sfc / scannow” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
The tool finds and repairs damaged files. Thus, the process can take a few minutes. Hence you mustn’t disturb it. However, if the SFC scan doesn’t fix the problem, you can try running a DISM scan. So it can do by following the steps below:
- Start the command prompt as an administrator.
- Run the following command:
DISM.exe / Online / Clean Image / Health Restore
- If DISM scanning fails to bring files online, you can use the installation media. So insert your USB flash drive or DVD and run the following command:
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth / Source: C: \ RepairSourceWindows / LimitAccess
- Make sure to replace “C: \ RepairSourceWindows” with the path of your USB flash drive or DVD.
- After the scan finishes, check if the error persists.
If you want to use your installation flash drive or DVD to run the DISM scan. So we recommend updating your drivers first. In fact that way, you can solve the problem and install Windows updates easily. Also, you can do this conveniently by using a reliable tool like Auslogics Driver Updater.
Method 5: Restart the BITS Services
Windows updates successfully installed using various services, including the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS). Thus, in some cases, this service can fail and prevent you from completing the update process. So you would have to restart the service. Moreover, just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard. This should open the Run dialog box.
- So type services.msc and tab Enter.
- Move down until you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), double click on it.
- If you notice that the service set to “Stopped,” click the Start button.
- Go to the Recovery tab and ensure that First Failure and Second Failure set to restart service.
- Tap apply and ok
Method 6: Using Safe Boot Mode
Specific background processes can slow down or even disrupt an update. You can try modifying your services to make sure it doesn’t conflict with the update. In fact, to do this, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- And click the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click Disable All, then click Apply.
- Click the Start tab and then select the Open Task Manager.
- Deactivate the startup programs one by one.
- Restart your computer and try to install the updates again.
Method 7: Perform an In-Place Upgrade
Some users stated that they could fix the 0x80080008 error by doing an in-place update. So this method allows you to install your operating system’s latest version without touching your files and applications. In addition, this is how to do it:
- Go to the Microsoft website and download the Media Creation Tool.
- Select Update this PC now and then click Next. Setup now prepares the necessary files.
- Select Download and Install Updates (Recommended) and click Next.
- Observe the guidance on the screen until you reach the screen that says, “Ready to Install.” Click “Change what you want to keep.”
- Make sure you select “Keep personal files and apps” and then click “Next.”
If you follow these steps. So you should update your Windows system to the latest version. Besides it also permanently removes the 0x80080008 error.
your windows 8.1 install couldn t be completed
[windows updates keep failing windows 10 ]
[windows updates download failed ]
[windows update won t update windows 7 ]
[windows update will not install ]
[windows update stuck 8.1 ]
[windows update stopped working ]
[windows update problems 2016 ]
[windows update not working windows 10 ]
[windows update not downloading windows 8 ]
[windows update keeps failing ]
[windows update freeze windows 8 ]
[windows update error code 80080008 ]
[windows update error code 80070308 ]
[windows update error code 0x80080008 ]
[windows update error 80080008 ]
[windows update error 0x80080008 ]
[windows update error (0x80080008) ]
[windows update doesn’t work ]
[windows update doesn t work ]
[windows update does not complete ]
[windows update code 80070308 ]
[windows update 80080008 ]
[windows update 8 to 10 ]
[windows update 1803 keeps failing ]
[windows update 0x80080008 ]
[windows not installing updates ]
[windows keeps failing to update ]
[windows failing to update ]
[windows failing to install updates ]
[windows failed to install updates ]
[windows error code 8 ]
[windows error 0x80080008 ]
[windows 8.1 won t download updates ]
[windows 8.1 update not installing ]
[windows 8.1 update not downloading ]
windows 8.1 to windows 10 update
[windows 8.1 issues ]
[windows 8.1 installation problems ]
[windows 8.1 installation errors ]
[windows 8.1 install error ]
[windows 8.1 error codes ]
[windows 8.1 error code ]
[windows 8.1 download problems ]
[windows 8.1 does not update ]
[windows 8 windows update not working ]
[windows 8 windows update ]
[windows 8 will not download updates ]
[windows 8 upgrading problems ]
[windows 8 upgrade problem ]
[windows 8 install updates ]
[windows 8 errors ]
[windows 8 does not update ]
[windows 8 cumulative update ]
[windows 8 checking for updates stuck ]
[windows 7 windows update not working ]
[windows 7 update not installing ]
[windows 7 fix update ]
[windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80080008 ]
[windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80080008 ]
[windows 10 windows update repair ]
[windows 10 windows update not working ]
[windows 10 update windows 8 ]
[windows 10 update trouble ]
windows 10 update problems 2016
[windows 10 update from 8 ]
[windows 10 update fix tool ]
[windows 10 update error 0x80080008 ]
[windows 10 update 0x80080008 ]
KNOW MORE:- heaalthcenter